Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Getting Started


My name is Kyle Shelgren. I am a senior at the University of Northern Colorado. My field of study is journalism with a minor in sociology. This blog is about the Greeley, Colo., City Council as well as the 2012 presidential election.  
            I have never blogged before and I am excited to start. Through this assignment I hope to gain more confidence in my writing as well as the knowledge that goes into following a specific topic each day.  I will enjoy this because it allows me to stay up to date on current events as well as give my own opinion on them.
Blogging is a crucial thing for journalists today because it is a new medium. It allows journalists to write stories each day and be able to go back and update older stories based on new information that they receive. Blogging is very different from other assignments because it is a day-to-day assignment where you will need to update your blog every day. Doing this keeps the reader up to date as well as the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment