Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Blog Assessment


      For me I rather enjoyed the blog assignment. This was a lot different than most journalism assignments because we had to do research before and worked on a deadline. It also allowed us to choose a topic that we found to be most interesting and not have to be told what to write on. Throughout the semester I learned a lot and was able to improve on my interview skills as well as gain more confidence in my writing. These are two of the most important things for a journalist to have. If a journalist doesn’t have either then it will show in their writing. For me I wish that we did a little more work on how to prepare for interviews because those are a key part for any journalist. The most difficult thing for me was gaining the confidence for the interviews and making sure that I had the right questions that I needed to ask in order to get the information that I needed. I always felt that I was underprepared for the interviews even if I had 20 questions for the interview. The best advice I can give a student entering JMC 312 is to have confidence in your ability as a journalist. Having confidence is the best thing you can have because it will reflect in your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment